NIPT Test in London
For some women, pregnancy can be emotionally overwhelming & a difficult period and without the availability of proper prenatal care chances of complications down the line are greater. This is especially true for those conceiving after undergoing a miscarriage treatment or IVF treatment. As such, to have a safe birthing experience, one needs to go for routine pregnancy tests and scans, one of them being the IONA Test.
As one of the most advanced non-invasive prenatal screening tests, IONA Test helps detect Trisomy 21, 18 and 13 along with other genetic conditions. From these, many might be familiar with the Down syndrome (Trisomy 21), which is a lifelong genetic condition that causes physical growth delays, characteristic facial features, mild intellectual disability and sometimes heart defects.
The other two genetic condition - Edwards syndrome (Trisomy 18) and Patau syndrome (Trisomy 13) are more severe and often more fatal.
IONA Test is recommended during the early pregnancy check as it helps detect Trisomy condition with 99% accuracy, thus preventing pregnant women from undergoing other invasive follow-up procedure such as amniocentesis or CVS which are not only agonising but also carry a minor risk of miscarriage.
Advantages Of IONA Test
As a private gynecologist in London, Mr N. Agarwal offers comprehensive pregnancy care and treatments for all women to ensure that the baby and the mother both enjoy good health. The IONA Test is done by using a small sample of blood from the pregnant women, the advantages of IONA Test are as follows;
- Faster Results – The test sample is sent to a laboratory for analysis and the results are usually available within 3 working days.
- CE Compliant – IONA Test is a CE quality marked product and as such, provides quality assurance and is reliable.
- Safe and Secure – There is no risk of miscarriage while doing this test and it is suitable for twin, IVF and surrogate pregnancies.
- Higher % of Accuracy – IONA Test is not only non-invasive but it also has a high rate of up to 99% accuracy in identifying trisomy during pregnancy.
Results Of IONA Test
One of the services that all well woman clinic in London provides is the IONA Test. Expecting parents can largely benefit from this non invasive prenatal testing as it not only gives them peace of mind but also prepares them in case of an untoward result. Interpreting the result of the IONA Test is quite easy as it is simply divided into low risk and high risk.
- Low Risk – The pregnancy is unlikely to be affected by trisomy 21, 18 or 13.
- High Risk – The pregnancy has an increased risk for trisomy 21, 18 or 13. In this case, the gynaecologist may advise you to undergo further follow-up tests, prior to confirmation. For high-risk pregnancy, the most common forms of testing are ‘Amniocentesis’ and ‘Chorionic Villus Sampling’ (CVS).