Termination of Pregnancy London
If you’re considering termination of pregnancy, you are not alone. It is estimated that 1 in 3 UK women have an abortion.
As a private gynaecologist in London, Mr N. Agarwal helps women with unplanned or unwanted pregnancy and with abortion treatment. He helps treat women who've decided that abortion is the right choice for them and offers advice and counselling to those who don't know what to do next. However, it is important to remember that in the end, the choice as to how to proceed on this matter is ultimately yours.
Medical Abortion Using Pill
One of the simple ways to terminate a pregnancy, using a pill is an option for women seeking an abortion during early pregnancy between 6 and 9 weeks. This form of medical termination of pregnancy involves the administration of tablets which helps initiate uterine contractions that lead to natural miscarriage. In this method, no surgery is required and it is similar to what happens in an early spontaneous miscarriage. This is a preferable method by most women as it is a straightforward, non-surgical and non-invasive procedure. To avoid unwanted pregnancy, we recommend using a IUD. We can offer assistance for the same with our IUD coil fitting services.
How Does The Abortion Pill Work?
- Stage 1 – The first pill you take works by blocking the hormone progesterone, which is an essential hormone that enables your body to form the lining of your womb making it suitable for the fertilised egg.
- Stage 2 – The second pill encourages the womb to contract. This leads to the shedding of the uterine lining through the vagina, leading to an abortion.
- Abortion for pregnancy up to 14 weeks can be done with local anaesthetic. This method has a quicker recovery time which means you can leave the clinic unattended and drive sooner.
- Vacuum aspiration up to 15 weeks. This procedure helps remove the pregnancy by gentle suction.
- Abortion for pregnancy up to 15 weeks can be done with sedation (relaxed and sleepy) and you can go home the same day.
So, contact Mr N. Agarwal if you are looking for a well woman clinic in London that offers medical termination of pregnancy.